We’ve done our research and a little taste testing (okay a lot of taste testing lol!) and the verdict is in… Here are the Top 12 Holiday Cocktails in our opinion. Why 12? For the Twelve Days of Christmas of course! If you don’t trust us, maybe you should do your own research and try all of them! 😉
In no particular order…
- Egg Nog – I know we said no particular order but this is by far #1 on almost everyone’s list, including ours. The great thing is that you can take the liquor out and it’s kid friendly. How do we like it? With Fireball Whiskey. Love that extra cinnamon flavor!
- Gingerbread Martini – Baileys, Kahlua, ice cream and gingerbread crumble… yes please
- Wassail- Hot mulled cider with a kick… add a topper splash of brandy for a really happy New Year 😉
- Coquito- Boosy, coconutty, Chirstmassy goodness- It’s like spending Christmas with your feet in the sand
- Homemade Hot Chocolate- It’s really not that hard and SOOOO worth the extra 5 minutes. The possibilities are endless here, there are so many add ins for the kids- candy canes, marshmallows, whipped cream, sprinkles, cookies and any other sweets you can find, lol! And for the adults? Can I get some peppermint schnapps or scotch added to that please?
- Candy Cane Cocktail- Vanilla rum, white chocolate liqueur and peppermint schnapps… it tastes like you pulled if off the tree yourself
- Buttered Apple Cider- I think the name explains why it’s on the list right? YUM.
- Winterberry Cocktail- This cranberry-lime cocktail is a super refreshing change up after all those yummy, but super heavy drinks
- Hot Spiced Sangria- It’s a slow cooker version for a wintery take on the classic summery Sangria
- Butterscotch Bliss- Irish cream, butterscotch and cinnamon schnapps- Deliciousness in a glass
- Vanilla Dark & Stormy- A splash of vanilla extract separates this one from the original and makes it holiday season acceptable 😉
- Peppermint Punch- This is a family recipe (at least that’s what grandma told us) and can be done for kids and adults- Peppermint ice cream added to one part 7-Up, one part Hawaiian Punch, and one part red cream soda. Add a little vodka or peppermint schnapps for the big kids over 21!
*You can find recipes for all these cocktails on various websites online*