If you’re looking for an incredibly unique way to celebrate Halloween this year, the candlelight concert at the Dayton Masonic Center is perfect for you.
If you’re not familiar with the Candlelight Concerts then now is the perfect time to get acquainted. The video above is not from the Dayton show, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what to expect. I think the Fever website sums it up best with their brief description.
Candlelight concerts bring the magic of a live, multi-sensory musical experience to awe-inspiring locations like never seen before in Dayton.
The entire idea is that the concerts are held in beautiful venues around the country, and the entire performance is lit only by candlelight. The musicians play a wide variety of music based on the theme of the concert. I’ve been to shows featuring music from Queen, Taylor Swift, and Motown in the past. Trust me when I say that I was blown away by each of them.
That’s why I was so excited to see a Halloween themed show coming up right here in Dayton! The venue couldn’t be more fitting either . . . the grandeur of the Dayton Masonic Center is the perfect setting for a show like this. Just so you know exactly what you’re in store for, you can see the entire setlist below.
- Thriller – Michael Jackson
- Funeral March of a Marionette – Charles Gounod
- String Quartet No. 8 in C Minor (Dresden Quartet), Op. 110: II. Allegro Molto – Dmitri Shostakovich
- Tubular Bells (Theme from The Exorcist) – Mike Oldfield
- Stranger Things (Theme) – S U R V I V E
- Beetlejuice (Theme) – Danny Elfman
- The Addams Family (Theme) – Vic Mizzy
- Halloween (Theme) – John Carpenter
- Psycho (Prelude) – Bernard Herrmann
- Ghostbusters (Theme) – Ray Parker Jr.
- Danse Macabre – Camille Saint-Saëns
- Night on Bald Mountain – Modest Mussorgsky
- Der Erlkönig – Franz Schubert
- This Is Halloween from The Nightmare Before Christmas – Danny Elfman
- Time Warp from The Rocky Horror Picture Show – Richard O’Brien and Richard Hartley
- In the Hall of the Mountain King – Edvard Grieg
There are two shows available right now, but tickets will go pretty quickly. You can get show information, and buy tickets online here.